RagnarokOnline Open Setup (c) 2010-2018 Ai4rei/AN
Enhanced alternative for the default game setup application shipped with every RagnarokOnline installation. Comes in several languages, is free of cost and works on every 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft* Windows* platform.
[2018-09-30] Remaining TODO for 2.15.0N
In addition to general functionality, following tests are needed for release, and you can help, if you want:
- Behavior on AMD and nVidia graphics cards, please include opensetup.log
Behavior on CJK systems, especially readability and clipping
- (Mis-)Behavior on Windows 10, especially clipping, please include opensetup.log
- (Mis-)Behavior on Windows 8
(.1) Behavior on Windows 7
- Functionality (whether or not selected settings work) with more recent clients (July 2018 and newer)
- Functionality with not so recent clients (2016 and older)
opensetup.log can be created by pressing SHIFT+ESC (= write log and discard changes).
Of course you can also suggest new functionality.
[2018-08-28] Release 18.104.22.1685
This release updates Russian translation and fixes a minor UI glitch.
Can be found in the news archives.
Do not provide mirrors for the downloads below, you will end up with an outdated version quickly. Do not hot-link to the downloads either for the very same reason. Link to this section. Thank you.
22.214.171.1243 NIGHTLY (163KB)
Use of these is at your own risk. They are mainly for archaeological research.
You can configure the application by creating an INI file with the same name as the executable (exename.exe -> exename.ini). Settings template is part of the release packages since version 2.10.2.
Q&A Intentionally not called FAQ, as no one asked yet, but just in case.
- Can I run this in WINE?
- Runs on WINE 1.0.1 or higher. Tested on Debian 5.0.4 with default WINE configuration. Earlier versions might not work properly.
- I have have issues with OpenSetup, is there something I should add to my report?
- When you experience the issue, press Shift+Esc inside the OpenSetup window until it closes and provide the generated log file (exename.log) along with your report.
- OpenSetup starts again after I close it, how can I make it stop?
- Usually it is the RO client that starts OpenSetup again, because it cannot find settings. Press Ctrl+Esc to break the loop. Do not use this, if you started OpenSetup manually; you will kill file manager (typically Windows Explorer).
- What languages are currently included?
- Čeština (cs-CZ)
- de-DE: Contributions by Xalion
- English (en-US, primary)
- es-ES: Maintained by jaBote
- fr-FR: Maintained by Valioukha
- ja-JP: Maintained by Mintmoon
- pt-BR: Maintained by EvilPuncker
- ru-RU: Maintained by Jarek
- th-TH: Maintained by iSuzutsuki
This software is provided AS IS, without warranty of ANY KIND, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. The author SHALL NOT be held liable for ANY damage to you, your hardware, your software, or to anyone or anything else, that may result from its use, or misuse. Basically, you use it at YOUR OWN RISK.
You are encouraged to use the bbs for submitting translations, requesting support or reporting bugs. Feedback on OpenSetup, whether positive or negative, is more than appreciated.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
RagnarokOnline, Ragnarok-related graphics and materials are copyright © 2002-2018 Gravity Co., Ltd. & Lee Myoungjin.